We are a leading UK firm specialising in both immigration and nationality law. Our Immigration Department consists of legal experts who are well-equipped to deal with any immigration issue.
Our immigration team is able to advise upon the following:
- Points-Based System applications
- Leave to Remain application
- Sponsorship applications
- Sponsorship management
- International Protection (Asylum and Humanitarian Protection)
- Any other immigration-related applications.
- Working, Business and Investment visas in the UK: Tier 1 (Investor): Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur): Tier 2 (General): Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange)
- Sponsorship Licence applications (Tier 2 and Tier 4) including providing compliance and monitoring solutions to businesses and institutions
- Entry Clearance applications for families, partners and children and in-country applications such as FLR(M) and FLR (FP)
- European immigration (family permits, residence cards & permanent residence)
- Refugees, Asylum, Humanitarian Protection, Trafficking Victims, Family Reunion & Discretionary Leave
- Deportation & Removal from the UK
- Detention and bail
- Judicial Review (before the Upper Tribunal & the High Court)
- Appeals before the First-tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court
In some cases there will be scope to challenge the legal reasoning of the Home Office and, where this is possible, we can provide clear and honest advice vis-a-vis the Home Office’s decision.
Our team specialises in appeal hearings before the First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal, with most staff undertaking their own advocacy.
In appeal hearings before the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, our team is experienced in dealing with expert counsel and Queens Counsel. We also regularly engage in Judicial Review applications, before the Upper Tribunal and the High Court.
We are able to provide cost-effective solutions to our clients for all applications including appeal hearings. At Thompson and Co we understand that not all of those facing immigration issues have the ability to afford legal representation. As such, and in line with the ethos of the firm, we provide public funding, subject to eligibility. For more information please see our pricing information here.
We are experts in:
We are able to provide cost-effective solutions to our clients for all applications including appeal hearings.
If you are facing a legal issue listed above, or indeed any other legal matter, please contact our head office on 020 8767 5005. In the alternative, you can email, fax, or write to us, at the addresses found on our Contact Page.
Name: Anas Khan
Anas Khan is a Director of Thompson & Co and a Barrister. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIARB). Prior to his call to Bar, he practiced as a solicitor for over 10 years.
Tel: 0203 751 6240